Welcome to my website, in the following pages you will find information about my experience, publications, Apps I developed, and a synopsis of the services I provide in the areas of Mobile App development, Custom Web App development, general software development, design, and architecture. As a software consultant, I worked many roles including Software Developer, Integration Architect, SOA / Enterprise Architect, Technical Lead, and Instructor. I mainly provide services in the GTA (Toronto, ON), though I have provided services in Calgary AB, St Johns NFLD, Chicago IL, New York NY, Houston TX, and Denver CL.
I specialize in the following Technologies :
- Operating Systems: iOS , Android, Windows, Linux, Mac
- Portals, SharePoint 2007,2010, and 2013, ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net
- Cloud: Azure Websites, Amazon Storage Services
- Databases: MSSQL, Oracle, DB2, MySql
- Big Data: Hadoop, Spark
- Integration Platforms: BizTalk , MS ESB Toolkit, ESBExpress, WCF, Windows Workflows
My Published Books:
- Mastering the BizTalk Technical Interview
- BizTalk The Practical Course
Books I have reviewed:
- MDX Queries for SQL Server 2012 August 2013
- Applied Architecture Patterns on the Microsoft Platform second edition July 2014
Feel free to contact me at Moustafa@MoustafaRefaat.com if you have any questions regarding any of my posts, books, services, or products.
Create a SQL Database Programmatically
In this article I will explain how to use MS SQL Management Objects (SMO) to create a MS SQL database from C# code. In this sample will
- Enumerate all the SQL servers in the network and fill a list box where the user can select one of the servers.
- The user will enter the Database Name to create.
- The user will enter an AD account to grant right to.
- When the user click "Create Database" the system will check for the existence of the database.